One of my New Year’s resolutions for 2016 was to stick to our family’s budget. Caleb and I made a budget as part of our pre-marital counseling in 2013. We used the budgeting app I had been using when I was single. It worked for a while, but we started noticing challenges in the programming. Caleb didn’t like that you couldn’t edit your budget month to month. If he increased spending in a certain category it would make the change for every month, including months past. So I started the hunt for a new app.
Which is when I found EveryDollar, Dave Ramsey’s app that’s perfect for how our family budgets.
- It doesn’t link to our bank accounts, so we feel more secure.
- It allows more than one device to use the same login information, so when one of us enters in a transaction it shows up on the other’s device.
- It allows for month to month editing of our budget.
- It mirrors Dave’s plan of a zero-balance budget, meaning that at the end of the month you can see where you spent EVERY dollar.
- It’s an app on my phone, but the website is user friendly so I can enter in transactions from my laptop/PC.
- Graphically, it’s beautiful. Way nicer than looking at an Excel spreadsheet.
Try it out! I would love to hear your feedback!